STAR Procurement: Winners of the GO Procurement Leadership of the Year Award 2016/17.
The National Government Opportunities (GO) Excellence in Public Procurement Awards 2016/17, were held on Tuesday, March 8, 2016.
STAR Procurement was lucky enough to be short listed for four awards:
- GO Procurement Innovation or Initiative of the Year Award: Local Government & Consortia
- GO Procurement Innovation or Initiative of the Year Award: Social Care
- GO Procurement Team of the Year Award: Local Government & Consortia
- GO Procurement Leadership of the Year Award
On the night, STAR Procurement were up against strong competition, including some large national and well established organisations. They made us wait until the end of the evening, but it was worth the wait as we picked up our award for Procurement Leadership of the Year.
Check out our twitter account (@STARProcurement) for some of our live tweets of the awards for coverage and pictures of the shortlisting and evening ceremony.
The winning attributes of the STAR submission included:
• Developing procurement strategy aligned with national procurement strategy for Local Government
• Engagement with stakeholders
• Programme of using customer feedback via satisfaction surveys
• Development if KPIs
Excerpt from the GO Awards Website (www.goawards.co.uk)
“This year’s entries were recently reviewed by a panel of judges made up of experts in UK procurement and commissioning, including Sally Collier, Chief Executive Officer at the Crown Commercial Service and Ainslie McLaughlin, Director of Procurement and Commercial at the Scottish Government.
Grahame Steed, Managing Editor of GO and Chair of the Judging Panel, said: “This was our third year back in Manchester and what a truly tremendous night it’s been! The standard of submissions and amount of entries was staggering, so much so that we had to increase the number of award categories on the night to cater for the huge number of sectors involved. Well done to everyone involved this year, you really were testing yourself against the best of the best!”
Sally Collier commented, “Judging this year was easy, the winners for every category absolutely stood out from the other applicants by a significant margin”
Posted on Wednesday 9th March 2016