Leading transformation through procurement and co-operation
At STAR, our purpose is to provide a high quality procurement and consultancy service that delivers real and tangible transformation and improvements for the organisations we work with through our Responsible Procurement Strategy, adopting a Category Management model, behaving in an ethical and responsible way, and championing social value.
Since we started, six years ago, our Partners have realised:
- Savings of £30.4m
- Social value returns of 35% on awarded contracts
- On average, 4 x Return on Investment
and much more, some of our other achievements to date are:
- 30% increase in local spend over 2 years
- £1.2bn of influenced spend per annum
- 1st Local Government Procurement team to achieve CIPS Corporate Ethics Mark
- Quality Management System in operation
- Robust spend data driving compliance
Contact us if you'd like a copy of our achievements flyer.
Our business plan
Our Business Plan for 2017-2020 sets out further how the organisations we work with will be supported by us through five clear and measurable objectives - which in turn are supported by a detailed and challenging annual delivery plan:
Our partners include Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Trafford Councils, as well as NHS Tameside & Glossop, and NHS Trafford CCGs, who govern STAR through a Joint Committee.